I will join UCSC’s Computer Science and Engineering department this Fall as a PhD student, advised by Prof. Ioannis Demertzis.
I’m an Iranian Computer Science student with almost 3 years of industry experience as a Data Infrastructure Engineer. I’m currently doing a research internship at Max Planck Institute for Informatics.
- Was a data infrastructure engineer at CafeBazaar Cloud (now called Sotoon): our team provided the platform to transfer, store, and analyze big data at petabyte scale for multiple user-facing apps with 84M+ active users across Android, iOS, and web;
- Did a Data Engineering summer internship at Sahab Pardaz after the first year of my bachelor’s, where we deveolped a practice web search engine; And,
- Collaborated with Dr. Shahin Rouhani of Sharif University of Technology as a Machine Learning Engineer.
I am a systems engineer. Generally, my interests are:
- Operating Systems: scheduling, security, kernels, firmwares, virtualization, containerization, etc.;
- Architecture: accelerators, hardware-software co-design, SoCs;
- File Systems and Storage: general-purpose or domain-specific;
- Distributed Computing: storage systems, cloud computing, scheduling, databases, application-specific accelerators (ex. distributed machine-learning), etc.
In addition, I’m interested in combinations of these, like resource disaggregation.
I’m also interested in Computer Networks and Security.